- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or (like I used) extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C, gas mark 6)
- Grease 12 muffin cups using vegetable oil (extra virgin olive oil) or butter.
- In a large bowl mash 2 bananas with a fork.
- Add the milk, oil, maple syrup (honey) and egg. Stir until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the blueberries and gently mix until combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin cups and place on a wire rack. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- You can serve warm if you want to eat them straight away, or (like me) wait until they cool down and put them in a freezer for emergencies at night!